In addition to our work on the objects of the association, CSCJA Members can also benefits from the below offers:
CSCJA Supplementary Health Care Insurance Plan
Association members benefit from exclusive and advantageous rates on a supplementary health care insurance plan that is unique in Canada. This program supplements the Public Service plan with benefits such as unlimited home nursing care, travel, hospital and other healthcare. The Association is the sponsor of the plan, underwritten by Sunlife and administered for the past 30 years by The Prosure Group, A People Corporation. The CSCJA works with Prosure to negotiate and maintain favourable rates for members.
Who is eligible?
Judges are eligible to join the plan upon appointment to the bench and valid membership within CSCJA. Members who cancel their coverage are not eligible to rejoin in future.
When can I join?
You can join within 90 days of appointment without health evidence. If you join the plan later you will be required to provide health evidence, unless Sun Life offers an ‘open window’ throughout the year to join. See contact below for more information.
Can I continue the plan after retirement?
Yes you can. You must let Prosure Group know that you are retiring so that your premium can be collected through Pre-Authorized payment. The RSA coverage is no longer available.
What is covered?
- $100.00 per day, over and above any other benefit, for semi private and private hospital rooms.
- Out of Province Emergency Health Care, of up to $200,000 in addition to PSHCP. This coverage is for trips of 40 days or less.
- Up to $500 every two years, for the cost of eyeglasses or contact lenses. *
- Up to $1,500 for the cost of hearing aids, every 5 years. *
- Up to $1,000 for the cost of physiotherapy. *
- Charges for the services of a Personal Support Worker/Homemaker for 20 hours per week 24 hours per day for the first 14 days upon release from a hospital. There is a maximum of $25,000 per year with a lifetime maximum of $50,000. *
- Unlimited Private Duty Nursing at home for you and your dependents (as defined in the contract). The Public Service Health Care plan must approve the claim first.
- A two year extension of coverage for your spouse, at no charge, if you should die while a member of the plan.
* limits are per family member covered under the plan
These benefits, with the exception of #6, are all supplemental to the PSHCP and all claims must be submitted to policy #55555 before submitting to our plan.
RSA Travel Insurance
- Coverage for up to 120 days from the day you leave the country.
- $5 M in coverage.
- Pre-existing Condition Clause shall apply to those members 70 to 75 years of age.
This portion of the plan terminates on retirement.
How do I file a claim?
Click here for instructions
Who can I contact?
Our dedicated account managers are available to assist with questions and support:
2225 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M2J 5C2
Toll Free: 1.888.556.5559
Brenda Brown x 5330 (email@example.com)
Or Lesley Grisbrook x 5332 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Financial Planning and Home & Auto
Members of the CSCJA ALSO enjoy access to exclusive insurance and investment programs, tailored for Canada’s legal community.
The Lawyers Financial Investment Program was designed specifically (and exclusively) for the legal community (judges, lawyers, staff and their families) to help you earn more for retirement faster, and provide a reliable stream of income in retirement. A few of the many benefits are:
- Low IMFs (Investment Management Fees)
- RRSPs, TFSAs, RRIFs, LIFs, and non-registered accounts
- Multiple investment options and fund categories
- Discounts* saving you 10, 20, 40 bps or more
Visit www.lawyersfinancial.ca/investments to learn more or connect with your Lawyers Financial Advisor.
The Lawyers Financial Investment Program is issued by The Great-West Life Assurance Company or its subsidiaries and administered by Morneau Shepell Ltd. Lawyers Financial products and plans are sponsored by The Canadian Bar Insurance Association (CBIA). Lawyers Financial is a trade mark of CBIA and is used under license by Morneau Shepell Ltd. and The Great-West Life Assurance Company.
The Lawyers Financial Home and Auto Program is offered exclusively for legal professionals and includes:
- Exclusive rates*
- Up to 30% in additional savings
- A hassle-free claims experience
- Professional service
Get a quote by calling 1.877.314.6274 or visit www.lawyersfinancial.ca/homeauto
*Savings amounts are not guaranteed and will vary depending upon your underwriting information.
Lawyers Financial Home and Auto Insurance Program (the “Program”) is underwritten by The Personal General Insurance Inc. in Quebec and by The Personal Insurance Company in all other provinces and territories (collectively “The Personal”). Lawyers Financial products and plans are sponsored by The Canadian Bar Insurance Association (“CBIA”). Lawyers Financial is a trade mark of CBIA and is used under license by The Personal and by Hunters International Ltd. Hunters International Ltd. is a licensed insurance broker promoting the Program. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.